Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snow Days

Artie was born for the snow. He loves it! He bounds around in it like a gazelle. He hops and jumps and yips and bites at it. Then he whines as he eats a mouthful of it because it is cold.


It makes up for the fact that though I love snow, I've discovered the experience isn't quite the same as when I was a child. I was determined to build a snowman, for example.


As I set out packing my first snowball, I found it wasn't as blissful as it once was. "I'd kneel in the snow, but my pants would get wet and cold", I thought to myself. "My back hurts", I soon realized. "Hmm. Building a snowman stinks", I finally decided. So within five minutes of beginning my snowman, I was back in the house where it is warm and dry.


On the upside, with over a foot of snow now on the ground, Bruce has begun teaching me how to snowboard at a nearby park. I began in the front yard and graduated to the park. Next lesson, we start boarding in the streets like punk kids. Can't wait.

No comments: