Thursday, December 3, 2009

Craft fair madness!!!

My old friend Katy called me up and informed me of the Splendorporium: Splendorcraft Gift Fair coming up in Portland, Or. She told me she saw some of the bottles I made on this blog and suggested I sign up to have my own booth. Little did she know that last year, being the first year of bottle making goodness, I had promised myself that "next year I'm going to enter a craft fair". After my father passed away in August of this year, any future planning of any kind went right out the window. As summer turned to fall, and then winter approached, the task of digging up information on where and when to find a craft fair to enter seemed daunting at best. I had other things to worry about.

So when Katy called and a craft fair opportunity virtually fell into my lap, it was a no brainer. I took it as a positive omen and immediately sent in my registration. My dad would have been proud. He was always pleased when I showed him the crafty projects I'd been working on and was impressed with the fact that I'd endeavored to sell them.

So amongst all the craft fair preparation "madness" I thought he could help out by keeping an eye on my grape decorations. The above picture is of my Dad's cat 'Dumpster' helping out as I cut and glued fabric.

No comments: