Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Rachel

I am the girliest of my friends. I love flowers on my clothes, in my hair, adorning my shoes... I love accessories and coordinated sweater sets. I love a-line, strapless dresses with peep toed shoes. As much as I love these things, I rarely end up wearing them. Instead, I always reach for my jeans, tennis shoes, and my grey fleece when getting dressed for a night on the town. My friends are much the same and so I thought I would start with darker colors. My goal was to achieve a more subdued level of adornment that would blend in with tee shirts and Chacos. This is an example of one I made for my friend for her birthday. It measured maybe half an inch across and provides just a hint of shine and poppies without being as obvious as a 50's pin-up flower.

No comments: